Bicycle Accident Lawyers Columbus, Ohio
If you were involved in a bicycle accident and were injured, call the columbus bicycle accident lawyers at Tompkins, Selph, & Associates, Ltd. to discuss your case.
Bicycling in Ohio is enjoyed by many. Ohio’s costal area to the north, rolling hills in the southeast, and long stretches of flat land in central Ohio combined with Ohio’s beautiful fall foliage make for truly wonderful landscapes for bicyclists. In 2015, CNN Travel rated Ohio 16th in bicycle friendly states1. The League of American Bicyclists rated Ohio 18th with 20 bicycle friendly communities and 7 bicycle friendly universities. Both Columbus and Dublin were rated Bronze level by the League2.
But with all this bicycling, unfortunately, bicycle accidents are still common in Ohio. Ohio averages 1,500 bicycle accidents per year. While many automobile accidents can cause injury, bicycling accidents can cause particularly serious injury or death.
Recommended Safety Tips for Riding Bicycles in Ohio
- Remember in Ohio, those on bicycles are considered motorists and must obey all Ohio traffic laws.
- Never use headphones while cycling on roadways.
- Never use your phone while cycling. If you must use your phone, pull over into a safe area where you can use it.
- Increase your visibility by wearing bright, florescent colors while riding.
- Ohio law requires certain illumination and reflective equipment on your bicycle. Make sure you are following Ohio law.
- To reduce the risk of serious injury or death, always wear a properly fitted bicycle helmet.
No matter how careful you are or what protective equipment you wear, bicyclists are more vulnerable and face serious injuries by the negligent driving of automobiles. If you were involved in a bicycle accident and were injured, call the Columbus bicycle accident attorneys at Tompkins, Selph, & Associates, Ltd. to discuss your case.