Car Accidents in Ohio
Deadly Buggy Crash Kills Father & Son
In Holmes County Ohio Sheriff deputies are investigating after a Millersburg man and his 4 year old son were killed in a buggy crash on Wednesday.
It happened on State Route 83 in Mechanic Township around 6:15 p.m.
According to the incident report, the horse-drawn buggy was heading southbound on State Route 83 when it was rear-ended a 2007 Jeep Commander, throwing the driver and his son from the buggy.
The buggy driver, 34 year old Paul Wengerd, was pronounced dead at the scene by the county coroner. His son was taken to Pomerene Hospital and later transported by helicopter to Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus, where he died from his injuries.
The 28 year old driver of the Jeep wasn’t injured.
The crash heavily damaged the buggy cart and the horse suffered from minor injuries.
The crash remains under investigation.
Do You Have a Case & What is Your Claim Worth?
Dublin Ohio Personal Injury Attorneys can help. We know what you are going through. We have helped thousands of injured clients through the difficult situation of being in a motor vehicle accident. We can help protect your legal rights and maximize the value of your claim by negotiating with insurance companies. Remember Big Guys Get Big Results!
Car Accidents are common in the state capital. The 5 most dangerous intersections in Columbus according to the Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission are…
- East livingston Avenue, Hamilton Road SR317
- Broad Street SR16, James Road
- Dublin Granville Road, 161
- Cleveland Avenue, Dublin Granville Road
- Morse Road, Northtowne Boulevard & Walford Street
There have been hundreds of crashes at these locations alone in the past years, leaving many people injured, but a car accident can happen on any road, or in any parking lot or driveway. Wherever it happens we can help you get BIG Results.
Do I Have a Car Accident Case?
Knowledgeable and aggressive attorneys will fight for you and work for effective solutions to your problems. We will gather information on your case such as:
- How did your car wreck happen? Were you rear ended or hit head on? Was the other driver texting or under the influence of drugs or alcohol? We will get to these answers and get justice for our clients.
- Who was at fault? This is a key question when handling a car accident claim. The insurance will likely deny the other driver was at fault and may even point the finger at you. That’s why you need a highly experienced advocate who will reveal the truth and hold the responsible party accountable.
- How were you injured? Did you receive a concussion, which can result in serious brain injury with long term impact. The insurance may downplay the seriousness of your injuries. However we can work with outside experts to help illustrate the devastating nature of your injury. A serious car wreck can turn your world upside down. We can help set things right again for you.
Do I need a Lawyer?
Car accidents can leave drivers and passengers seriously injured or worse deceased. If you are ever in a car accident you need a personal injury attorney who can help you become compensated for your losses and damages.
A car accident can change your life, both financially and emotionally. Adding insult to injury insurance companies will try and pressure you to agree to a quick lowball settlement offer.
You should be compensated for:
- Lost wages and future earnings
- Medical bills including for hospital stays, physical therapy, and prescriptions.
- Car repair bills and transportation while it is in the repair shop, or the cost of a new car.
- Pain and suffering
You need someone on your side who will fight for you. We are ready, willing and able to help recover the compensation to rightly deserve as a victim of another driver’s negligence.
How much is my car accident worth?
Each case is different but personal injury law firms have many resources they can use to get results for you. A personal injury lawyer can:
- Examine records, including the official accident report
- Gather evidence, including interviewing witnesses and taking depositions, if needed
- Consult with accident reconstruction experts, to determine the exact cause of the crash
- Figure out your exact economic loss and total financial impact of the car accident on your life.
How much is my car accident claim worth?
That is a hard question to answer because every car accident is different in general you may be compensated for all costs related and stemming from your wreck. Even if you wrack up these expenses well after your accident you should not have to pay them.
Accident related expenses can include:
- Doctor bills
- Car repairs, transportation and in some cases a new vehicle
- Lost income and future earnings
- Modifications to your home or vehicle, if you sustained permanent disability.
- Pain and suffering
How can we help me after a car accident?
Our attorneys have handled thousands of motor vehicle injury cases. We’ve dealt with insurance companies for many years and know how they operate. We’ve negotiated higher settlements for our countless previous clients and proven our track record to be a successful one.
Each case is different. First, we’ll meet with you whether on the phone or in person and get the details of the accident, such as police reports, medical records and repair estimates. Well visit the accident site and learn all we can as to have more facts and build you a better and stronger case. It is so important to seek legal advice soon after being injured in a wreck. Don’t answer any questions or sign any papers from the insurance company until we speak and evaluate your case. Remember The Big Guys Get Big Results.
Mar 02, 2024Smart Cities and Personal Injury: The Intersection of Technology and Safety
Mar 01, 2024Decoding the Gender Dynamics of Accident Rates: A Closer Look
Feb 29, 2024Civil Rights Violations as Personal Injury: Seeking Justice Beyond Criminal Proceedings
Feb 28, 2024The Role of Wearable Tech in Proving Personal Injury Claims